Level Up Series #1 - People & Influence, Productivity & Excel
The meetups will always consist of two talks: #1 Soft skills, #2 Deep tech / citizen tech (alternate month). This series is a joint effort between Microsoft and Women Who Code KL.
What can I expect from the talk?
Chee Yim, our Women Who Code Director will share with you about people & influence: how to understand people and eventually persuade people to say yes?
Casandra Seng our Product Marketing Manager for Modern Workplace at Microsoft will share productivity hacks on using Excel. Bring your laptop for this hands on session!
- 6.30pm - 7.10pm Registration, mingle with people, dinner
- 7.10pm - 7.15pm Welcome notes
- 7.15pm - 7.55pm Soft skills: A new lens, an unexpected journey in Sales – Chee Yim, WWCodekl
- 7.55pm - 8.00pm Session break
- 8.00pm - 9.00pm Citizen tech: Productivity Hacks with Excel – Casandra Seng, Microsoft
- 9.00pm - 9.15pm Shout outs (open to the floor)
- 9.15pm - Adjourn
1. Can take LRT / MRT or drive
2. If you are exit from Nu Sentral, come out from LG floor, Coffee Bean, turn right (refer to image)
3. You should see Menara Shell! (the shape of the building is unique, see image)
4. If you are driving, can park at fix rate (after 6) either in Nu Sentral or the open car park we circle below (refer image)
5. Check in at lobby & come up to Level 18.
More about the talks and speakers
Talk #1 (Soft skills): A new lens, an unexpected journey in Sales
Most people think sales people are manipulative. Indeed they are! What's interesting is looking at the social sciences - understanding people (our irrationality) and eventually persuading people to say yes. Being in a startup forces me into the world of persuading people and gradually discover what "right" and responsible sales means. How do you educate with insights and influence but not manipulate? Also learning about decision making, luck and risks along the way...
Speaker: Chee Yim
Self-proclaimed generalist. Enjoys learning through teaching, human connections in community and podcasts. Currently part of the co-founding team of a property management startup (IdealHub.com). Proud founding team member of WWCode KL since 2014.
Talk #2 (Citizen tech): Excel for Dummies
Need to use Excel for work, but still not sure if you’re making the best use of it? Sit through this hands-on session where you get to experience how to remove time-consuming tasks from your work-day. This session will show you how to use Excel features to manage your data better, create good-looking graphs and analyze data with customized visualization dashboards.
Speaker: Casandra Seng
A passionate marketeer of productivity solutions, Casandra helps organizations in Malaysia realize productivity gains through the use of latest collaboration, ideation & communication technologies with the Microsoft 365 suite.
- The event description was updated. Diff#486938 2019-10-23 16:39:07
6:30 PM - 9:15 PM MYT
- Microsoft Malaysia (Level 18, Menara Shell, KL Sentral)
Everyone FULL Ladies Only FULL Microsoft (Reserved) SOLD OUT RM99,999.00
- Venue Address
- Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Malaysia